This is a flyer promoting down town
LA’s art walk. At least I am assuming that’s what the DTLA stands for. It was
created to promote this event to the Cal state LA students in the fine arts
building. Based on what I see, it seems as though someone took lined note book
paper and drew up this flyer with black sharpie, highlighted the date of the
even and was photocopied so that they could be posted all over the fine arts
building.
I
personally think this flyer was poorly designed. The creator should have spent
more time on it so that it would have a cleaner and organized look to it. Right
now it looks as though someone just drew it up in about five or so minutes. I
think that an event like this should have had a better flyer since it is a somewhat
big event there should have been more time spent on it. One that is more eye
catching, and easier to read because if its not no one is going to take the
flyer seriously and the event seriously. What gets me is that the flyer was
made for the art students in the fine arts building, even if the person who
made the flyer wasn’t an art student they could have asked someone else in the
building. If the flyer were made on the computer it would have been better, because
the format is not bad necessarily it just looks sloppy. Even if they used
regular white paper, not lined, it would have helped the design significantly.
I also think they should have added color as well. I will say that I do like
the little Godzilla in the right hand corner, which was a cute touch, even
though everything else was not that great.

No comments:
Post a Comment